Friday 18 January 2013

Jolly Holiday


Assalamualaikum.

In the name of Allah the Most Merciful and Most Gracious.

Heck yeah I just finished my exam! Weeeeeeeehuuuuuu I am partly happy. Well, because I have finished my final exam for the first semester. Other reasons are because the questions for Writing About Literature are somehow a wee bit less complicated than I thought (?) and I met my long-time, best friend at that very same day.

It was freakin amazing. Not in a mushy, corny, overrated, oh-my-god-I-miss-you-you-look-handsome-now way. But in a very airheaded, crazy and excited way. Yep, I thought I was 10 at that time. It's like, things went back the way they used to be when I was in Standard 4. That was the last year I actually really spent with friends there. Hmm, back to this friend of mine who came to visit me from UTP. 

Well, I have known him since I was in Standard One. His mother taught us. He used to have this botak haircut and he used to be one of school's prefect. I know, major dork alert. Lol. But, he's very nice. Lol until today he still is nice. I managed to sense that though we have grown up, there are still some traits in him that will remain for the rest of his life. He still play with his left sideburns when he talks, he holds the end of the tip of the pen when he's writing, he still say "dua belas" like he used to pronounce that, he still is the old firdaus. My old, best friend, firdaus. 


We talked about lotsa things that day. We share few common things. I like taking pictures and he does too, we like spending our time in an arcade rather than window shopping, we skate instead of feasting our eyes with fancy blouses and shoes, we walked into camera shops and games booth rather than clothes boutiques. All in all, it was fun. It was very my kind of day-out. 

He also ranted about how his life was when he was in mrsm. He used to have a crush on this girl and he almost started smoking because of that girl. Thank goodness something happened and he ended up not smoking. If he did, I'll be the first one to smack his head real hard. He also mentioned he still has a fling with our friend from primary school, Ila. Well, Ila is our best friend. I literally grew up together with her. And I know, if they are together, both of them are in good hands. But instead of being all lovey dovey, I'd love to see them get married to each other someday and have beautiful and slightly short children. Lol. 

Ahhhh, I can't wait to meet others.

Oh, he also said that he was excited when we met. And I am happy for that. At least I know someone is appreciating my very presence and excited when I am there and I hope he's gonna cry and pray for me if I am dead some day. 




No comments: