Friday 10 August 2012


In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful.

1. As always, I scrolled down the news feed of my facebook and a friend of mine said she's going to medicine in Indonesia for 3 years and in UKM for 3 years. And insyaallah she will fly there at the end of this ramadhan. She has always dreamed of that. She has always wanted to be a doctor. That was her mother's dream too. She happened to be a very intelligent student, wait, she still is. She was quite frustrated when the UPU result was out last July. But then, she said she accepted it whole-heartedly. Subhanallah. She has been very determined and she never stops praying to Allah. And last week, she got the good news. Alhamdulillah. I am so proud of her. And I am grateful for her. Alhamdulillah. Allah listens to her prayer and saves it for the best. She asked Him to pursue her studies in medic and He tests her with the UPU result. But then, she got what she had always wanted. Alhamdulillah.

2. This got me thinking. She has got what she has always dreamed since forever because of all the efforts she made, for all the du'a she prayed. And I was wondering why is it I don't always get what I planned. And I think I have got the answer. It might be because I was not working hard enough even though I made du'a, lotsa em. Or maybe because I don't really think I would get what I want. Nauzubillahiminzalik.

3. Lesson learned: Have faith in Allah. Believe that one day, sooner or later that my prayers will be answered insyaallah. And work harder. Extra extra harder!

May Allah bless!

No comments: